Thursday 17 January 2019

Bag of Bits

A couple of years ago, one of my friends gave me a giant bag of fabric pieces, mainly samples of upholstery fabric, that I've been storing under my bed ever since.  With the idea of making some space, I finally got around to sorting through and starting to make use of some of them.  I've been thinking about using the pieces to make patchwork bags and spent an enjoyable hour arranging the fabrics by size and colour and having settled on my first project, I started sewing my first bag.  However, once I'd stitched six rectangles together, I had a square that looked like it would also make a great cushion cover, so in the end I stitched 18 rectangles into three squares and made a bag AND a cushion cover, I even found an offcut of linen that looked as though it was left over from a dressmaking project and I used that for the back of the cushion, which I finished off with a couple of porcelain buttons I made last year, so I'm also happy to have found a use for a couple of my buttons too.




No comments:

Post a Comment