I wanted to use a Dungeness photo here and this was the only one I could find on my computer, it's not the most exciting photo of the place, which is beautiful, desolate and surreal, but maybe appropriate for today's theme of looking back and looking forward...
Now we're nearly a month into the New Year, I thought I'd share my list and how I'm doing so far...
- Try to make at least one bear a month - I don't know about you but I've been feeling really flat this month and struggling to get going with my crafting after the big push to complete Christmas presents in time, but I may just manage to finish my current bear by the end of the month so I might be on track for this one :)
- Rehome the last of Sue's things - it will soon be a year since my friend died but I still have a couple of things to deliver. I just need to recontact the people concerned and make a bit more effort on this one.
- Visit Wildwood - a proper visit this time, and I promise to take my camera and share some photos with you. It's such a special place, well worth a visit :)
- A photo day in Dungeness - another great place to visit, I've been promising myself a return visit for about two years, so it's about time I got around to it!
- Stop lending (giving) son money! This is a hard one as he's one of the most disorganised people on the planet, but he needs to learn to stand on his own two feet and keep helping him out isn't doing much for my finances. Tough love is VERY hard and I've broken this one already, but I'm slowly getting better at it.
- Try to go to the pool more often - I was never a confident swimmer and these days I can rarely even bring myself to let go of the rail! I go to a very warm pool just a few miles away when I do go, but haven't been well enough so far this year, so complete fail on this one so far :(
- Be more organised - I've managed on the whole to keep on top of a couple of target tasks, so I'm going to count this one as a success :)
- Try a new craft - hopefully this will be another success as I'm booked on a one morning workshop this weekend :)
- Tackle the paperwork pile - well I've started, and even taken a bag full of shredded paper for recycling so another success :)
- Declutter - I've done a bit of decluttering recently with the help of Freegle, so I'm going to count this one as a success. :)
- Go to bed earlier and try to get up earlier - hmmm... I've been sleeping so badly that I think I'll call this one a work in progress.
- Make more effort to keep in touch with family and friends - I think this will have to count as a work in progress too as I've already missed sending a couple of birthday cards :/
- Join in a craft blog swap - I'm actually working on this one! I'm registered with a swap, I have a swap partner and I've even gathered together some items I've made so this one should be a success! :)
- Eat more healthily - this is obviously a long term goal and ignoring today's rather haphazard diet, I have been working on this one. It's my birthday this week so I'm not going to get stressed if friends or family feed me a chocolate muffin or a Crunchie bar (guilty on both counts) but on the whole I've been doing quite well at cutting down on unhealthy snacks and have so far lost around 6 lbs :)